Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Island Sunset

In February of this year, I visited Rottnest Island with my friend, Shaun. Only bikes are allowed on the island, apart from one bus, an ambulance, and a few service vehicles.

Shaun and I rode the entire distance around the island. We worked out the distance to be about 30kms because we also visited many of the coves around the island. We visited in summer, on the hottest day in over a year and I had already been badly sunburnt twice that week. The ride was fun but hard because it was hilly, awfully hot, and my shoulders were so burnt it was not funny. We had a ball though and I would do it again in a flash.

Towards the end of the day, we were lucky enough to enjoy the sunset. It was a very welcome treat after an exhausting day.































No comments: