Friday, June 12, 2009

Australian Japanese Garden

When I visited Kings Park in the Spring of 2007, they had this gorgeous little Japanese Garden. However, it was not your regular Japanese Garden. It was made in the traditional Japanese style but using 100% Australian native flowers.

A very impressive display. I loved it.

On a sad note, when I visited in the summer of this year, the Japanese garden was no longer there. Maybe they only do it for the spring, I don't know

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.





From memory, I think these blue and yellow flowers were Swan River Daisies and Yellow Everlastings, but I couldn't be too sure.







Some type of Bottlebrush, I think.





Thousands of Pink Everlastings













3 comments:

Jersey Tomato said...

You take beautiful photos.

Unknown said...

It looks so tranquil...I could sleep there easily! lol.

Lozza said...

It is a lovely place. Kings Park is absolutely amazing all year round. Thankyou for popping by.